Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation Review

There is absolutely no denying that I needed a new foundation, and a good one at that. Rummaging through the clearance section of Ulta, I saw lots of Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundations. It was marked down to about $3.59, which I considered a good deal for Rimmel products. I tested out a whole bunch of them when the sale ladies weren't watching and found number 200 (soft beige) to be perfect.
The first thing I did when I went home was smeared it all over my face; I couldn't wait to test it out. It did the job that foundations should do with no problem, and I was delighted to see that it didn't come out cakey. Plus, it kind of doubled as a concealer, it covered some of my little flaws, which was great. I wouldn't say it lasted 16 hours like the bottle said, but as far as foundations go, it worked for my skin!
Something I have noted is that this foundation will work best on fairer skin tones.
Obviously I went back to Ulta and found one more sale foundation in my color, and bought that one, too. But as much as I loved this, I wouldn't pay the full price, but maybe that's just me.

Pro's: doesn't look cakey, long lasting, natural looking, easy to apply, good for first time foundation users, professional looking.
Con's: not enough color selection, looks very cakey IF you have very, very oily skin, squeezes too much out of the bottle.

Price -- $3.59 - $7.29 (depending on where you buy)
Worth the price? -- Yes, if you can find it for under $5, but I wouldn't pay more than that.
Where to buy -- Ulta stores, Ulta.com, Drugstores, CVS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment