Sunday, August 22, 2010

NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone Review

Since my old Cover Girl eyeshadow base from 2005 was not doing it anymore, considering it was over 5 years old and had bits of hair in it, I went out to look for a new one. I was already buying a few NYX products, so I figured I might as well grab the NYX eyeshadow base while I was at it. The $7 price was slightly off-putting, but I figured it would be worth it, so I bought it before I could talk myself out of it.
Well, when I opened it, it was kind of hard to scoop out with my finger, and that kind of pissed me off, because more than the the amount I wanted was coming out. I used a tiny bit, and was glad to find out that a little goes a long way with this base, which means this will last me a year or two. This color blended in with my eye lid color pretty well. I put some eye shadow on my lid, and it was definitely an improvement, however the eyeshadow wasn't sticking on as much as I wanted it to, no matter what eyeshadow brush I used. I decided to try a different eyeshadow, and that worked a lot better. The shadow lasted me all day.
This was not phenomenal, but it got the job done, which was all I wanted in the end. I tried out my best friend's MAC Paint Pot in a similar color, and got the same results, which pleased me. Although I must say the MAC Paint Pot was slightly better, they are basically the same thing.

Pro's: gets the job done, holds eyeshadow, comes in white and skin tone.
Con's: only two colors, I don't like the screw-on top, takes a while to get all over your eyelid.

Price -- $7.00
Worth the price? -- No, but I am glad I have it.
Where to buy -- Ulta stores, cherryculture.com, Amazon, Ulta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment