Monday, August 23, 2010

L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara Review

My mom bought this L'Oreal Paris Volume Shocking Mascara, mainly because she just loves L'Oreal Paris, which I don't understand. However, once she realized she didn't really like mascara, and already had two (smart one, mom) she gave it to me. I was excited, I mean hey, it's new mascara. L'Oreal Paris products have never done me justice in the past. Their lip glosses make the skin on my lips all peely and colors of their products make me want to vomit.

However, I was highly impressed with this mascara, and to this day it is still my #1 favorite. So it has two sides, which are labeled 1 and 2. The "1" side has a white base primer on it with a regular wand, which you are supposed to apply first. Then, the "2" side is black mascara, which you put on second. The "2" wand looks kind of like a mini comb, which I had never seen in a mascara before. Nonetheless, they worked great.

My lashes looked noticeably longer and fuller, and everyone at school commented on them, asking me where I got my mascara. (Hee-hee!) Now, there's one tiny problem with this, but it can easily be fixed. After you put on your black mascara coat after the base, the base is still rather visible, especially on the tips of the lashes. All you need to do is apply about 2-3 coats, and then go over just your tips a few times.

At night, this comes off very easily, even with just water in the shower, which is a mega plus. It doesn't even run during the day. I actually cried once while wearing this mascara (I know, weird that I remember it) and my friends said my makeup was perfect. I ran to the bathroom to confirm that and it was true!

P.S: I hear the waterproof version of this is not good so I recommend not getting it. Stick to this version.

Pro's: comes with a base, great wands, lots of volume, easy to apply and take off, stays on during the day.
Con's: base shows up if you don't apply enough black coats.

Price -- $5.99-$7.99
Worth the price? -- Yes, all good drugstore mascaras are this price.
Where to buy -- Amazon, drugstores

No comments:

Post a Comment