Saturday, August 21, 2010

Remington Wet 2 Straight 1" Straightener Review

So today I headed down to Wal-Mart after reading some reviews for the Remington Wet 2 Straight one inch straightener (it also comes in two inch). It seemed much better than the Helen of Troy straightener I was planning on buying at Ulta.
I bought this for about $26 with tax, and was delighted to find that it came with a free mini Remington straightener. That cemented the deal - I loved it already.
So, with this being a very good deal, I was a little skeptical of how it was going to turn out. I had tried out the famous and oh-so expensive Chi at friend's houses, and although it was good, it wasn't amazing. It didn't straighten my hair the way I wanted it to. So I thought to myself, if this is about 1/10th the price of a Chi, then how could this be any better?
I was so, so very wrong.
I plugged it in, and obviously with my long, thick, wavy hair, set it to the highest heat setting: 30. I was glad that it beeped when it was ready, that made it an improvement from my old Conair straightener.
Taking a chunk of impossible-to-straighten hair in my hand, and wetting a tiny bit of my hair in the sink to test out the wet-to-straight feature, I straightened the first chunk. The steam was so much, it fogged up all over my face. However, it had straightened my hair perfectly. Pin straight. As in, even the very ends were perfect. I straightened some of my dry hair, and got the same results, minus the annoying steam in my face.
I'm not going to lie here, I am 110% impressed.

Pro's: heats up within a few minutes, low price, straightens wet hair, high + low temperatures, digital heat settings, beeps when ready, easy to hold, lightweight.
Con's: a lot of steam comes out when straightening wet hair, doesn't come in pretty colors.

Price -- $24.88 (not including tax)
Worth the cost? -- YES!
Where to buy -- Wal-Mart stores, WalMart.com, Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment